This is the easiest and the tastiestSpinach Stuffed Chicken Breastrecipe. The spinach stuffing is so creamy and smooth that you?ll become addicted to it. I warned you.
This will become your favorite chicken breast recipe. Not only because it?s super simple, but because it?s incredibly delicious. And while the chicken is cooking in the oven, you?ll have time to whip up a quick salad and set the dinner table. Whether you are looking for a quick chicken recipe, or a restaurant-quality meal to impress your loved ones, this is THE RECIPE TO MAKE. So, let?s start cooking!
THE SPINACH STUFFING
The stuffing is made with only four ingredients:
- Fresh Baby Spinach.Don?t use frozen or old spinach! (Frozen spinach often absorbs the smell of the freezer, and store-bought frozen spinach often has a ton of stems). Just trust me on this one. Buy FRESH. BABY. SPINACH. LEAVES.
- Cream Cheese.Any brand will work here.
- Feta Cheese.Try to buy good-quality feta cheese that is sold in blocks, and then crumble it with your hands.
- Mozzarella Cheese.You can buy pre-shredded, low-moisture mozzarella cheese, or shred it yourself.
If you want the best results, please, don't use substitutions in the Spinach Stuffing.
This Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is perfect for your keto diet.
THE CHICKEN SEASONING
I am using a mix of paprika, cumin powder, chili powder, and salt to season the chicken breast. I find this seasoning adds a ton of flavor and adds a very nice color to the chicken. That said, you can substitute my homemade paprika seasoning for Cajun, Berbere, or your favorite kind.
How to bake stuffed chicken breast?
It?s so much easier to bake the stuffed chicken breast than to fry it. So, I definitely recommend taking this route. After you season the stuffed chicken breast with the spices, just brush it with olive oil and bake it in a preheated oven at 400F for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
What's the Best Internal Temperature for Stuffed Chicken Breast?
The internal temperature of the chicken breast will be 165-170F when it is cooked through.
How to make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
1. Make the seasoning. Just mix all of the seasoning ingredients together and set aside.
2. Make the spinach stuffing. Roughly chop the baby spinach and place it into a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, feta, and mozzarella. Massage the spinach with your hands, until well combined (it should look like thick paste).
3. Prep the chicken.Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
4. Stuff the chicken. Divide the spinach stuffing into four equal parts and spoon it into the chicken pockets. Using toothpicks, secure the stuffing inside.
6. Season the chicken. Generously season the chicken with the spice mix and brush with olive oil on both sides.
7. Bake the chicken. Bake the chickenin a preheated oven at 400F for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
Useful Tips & Tricks
- Seal the pockets with toothpicks to the cheese from oozing out too much, but, DON?T forget to remove the toothpicks! I like using to do this job.
- Make sure you don?t cut your chicken breast all the way through, just enough to create a pocket.
- Use your favorite chicken seasoning. I am using a combination of paprika, cumin powder, chili powder, and salt, but you are free to experiment and try different seasonings.
- You can add some sun-dried tomatoes to the spinach mixture.
I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe with your family and it becomes a regular around your dinner table. Dinner time is the best place to make wonderful memories!
Storing And Reheating Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This Spinach Stuffed Chicken will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store it in glass meal prep containers tightly covered with a lid to prevent drying out.
To reheat in the oven, place the chicken in a baking dish, add a little water, cover with a lid or aluminum foil and bake at 300F for 7 minutes. Let it rest for 5 more minutes, under the lid and serve.
To reheat on the stovetop, place the chicken onto the skillet, add a little water and cover with a tight lid. Cook on a very low heat for about 10 minutes, turning once and adding more water, if necessary.
You'll Also Enjoy These Tasty Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken and Yellow Rice Skillet
- Three-Cheese Chicken
- Easy Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
- Amazing Mustard Chicken Tenders
VIDEO-RECIPE: Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4chicken breastsapproximately 2 lbs.
- 4oz.fresh baby spinach
- 4oz.cream cheese
- 2oz.shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2tbsp.olive oil
- 1tsp.cumin powder
- 1/2tsp.chili powder
- Mix all of the seasoning ingredients together and set aside.
- Roughly chop the baby spinach and place it into a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, feta, and mozzarella. Massage the spinach with your hands, until well combined (it should look like thick paste).
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Divide the spinach stuffing into four equal parts and spoon it into the chicken pockets. Using toothpicks, secure the stuffing inside.
- Generously season the chicken with the spice mix and brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400F for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.