This Easy Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet makes a healthy, quick, and delicious dinner! Packed with wild-caught shrimp, tender zucchini, and sweet bell peppers, it is going to become your favorite seafood dish!
This post has been sponsored byMarina Del Rey. All opinions are mine alone.
Don't you just want to stick a fork in one of these succulent shrimps and eat it right off the screen? I feel you. But you know what? You can make it yourself! It is super easy to make this Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet, there is almost no clean up, and it takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. And it tastes DIVINE. Are you convinced yet?
This is one of my favorite recipes, and I am excited you are going to try it, too. Below, I will explain how to buy the best ingredients and show you step-by-step how to put this delicious Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet together.
When buying shrimp, I always go for:
- WILD-CAUGHT. Most industrial shrimp farms are so crowded and unsanitary that producers must use high levels of pesticides, antibiotics, and other chemicals in order to prevent disease. Residue from these toxins end up in the flesh of the shrimp, posing threats to our health. Besides great taste, wild-caught shrimp offer a lot of health benefits.
- FROZEN.Most ?fresh? shrimp sold in supermarkets in the United States have been shipped frozen and then thawed for the fish counter. That means that the shrimp you find in the freezer aisle is exactly the same as what?s presented as ?fresh??it just hasn?t been sitting around on a bed of ice all day.
By far, the best wild-caught shrimp I have ever tried isWild Caught Argentinian Red Shrimp by Marina Del Rey.
These shrimp have a delicate, lobster-like taste and a beautiful red color. Marina Del Rey's seafood has no added antibiotics or growth hormones, and lower sodium levels. I love that the cost is also fair. Give it a try, and I am sure you'll love it as much as I do. Read more about Marina Del Rey's products here:http://www.marinadelreyfoods.com/
I am using zucchini and bell peppers in this recipe. These vegetables have the same cooking time and work very well together. That said, you can use asparagus, onions, okra, or green beans as a substitute.
Cajun spice blend and paprika are used in this recipe. Please, make sure you have a regular, sweet paprika on hand, and not the spicy variety.
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP AND VEGETABLES:
1. Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
2. Place the shrimp into a medium bowl and add the Cajun seasoning, paprika, salt, and olive oil. Mix well.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 6-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
4. To the same skillet, add the garlic, butter, and vegetables. Season with salt, and stir-fry for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Return the shrimp to the skillet, stir well, and garnish with parsley. Serve.
WHAT TO SERVE SHRIMP AND VEGETABLES WITH
This tasty dish could be served as is, with some crusty bread on the side. It will also pair well with cooked rice, quinoa, couscous, and pasta.
This Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet stays well in the refrigerator and tastes great the next day. It also makes a wonderful meal prep option. Enjoy!
YOU'LL ALSO LOVE:
- Shrimp Fettuccine with Roasted Pepper Sauce
- One Pot Orzo with Shrimp and Feta
- Shrimp in Roasted Pepper Sauce
- Crispy Fried Shrimp
SHRIMP AND VEGETABLES VIDEO-RECIPE:
Easy Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
- 2lbs.peeled and deveined shrimpI use Marina Del Rey shrimp
- 2small zucchini
- 2small yellow squash
- 3small bell peppersany color
- 3tbsp.olive oil
- 2garlic clovesfinely chopped
- 1/2tbsp.Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepperto taste
- Fresh parsleyto garnish
- Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the shrimp into a medium bowl and add the Cajun seasoning, paprika, salt, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 6-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the garlic, butter, and vegetables. Season with salt, and stir-fry for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet, stir well, and garnish with parsley. Serve.