This is the easiest, simplest, and tastiest Oven Roasted Vegetables you'll ever try. Perfectly seasoned and colorful, they are healthy and full of flavor!
As the cold season approaches, I find myself craving these Oven Roasted Vegetables more and more often. So perfectly tender, these veggies are packed with flavor and natural sweetness. The best part is, you can use YOUR favorite vegetables in this recipe, to make sure you'll enjoy EVERY. SINGLE. BITE.
WHY THIS IS THE BEST OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLE RECIPE
Because I love vegetables, I have experimented A LOT and tried many different seasonings and variations. The Roasted Vegetable recipe I am sharing today is the best because:
- It's simple. You'll just need to prep the veggies and drizzle them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary, dried Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix it right in the baking sheet and it's ready to roast!
- It's flavorful. The balsamic vinegar adds superb taste to the veggies, and the fresh rosemary adds a wonderful aroma.
- It's versatile. Use any vegetable combination that suits your palate.
- It's tested. I have made these Roasted Vegetables so many times, and they always come out perfect!
WHAT ARE THE BEST VEGETABLES FOR ROASTING?
Like I mentioned above, almost any kind of vegetable can be roasted. Try different variations based on your personal preferences. Here are some ideas:
- Root vegetables - potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, parsnips, turnips, yuca, kohlrabi, jicama, and radishes.
- Crucifers - cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and brussel sprouts.
- Winter Squash - butternut squash, kabocha squash, hubbard squash, and acorn squash.
- Soft Vegetables - zucchini, summer squash, eggplants, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, and green beans.
WHAT VEGETABLES CAN BE ROASTED TOGETHER?
All of the vegetables I mentioned above can be roasted together. Some of the vegetables are harder (beets, potatoes) and some are softer (zucchini, tomatoes). The "secret" is to cut the harder vegetables into smaller or thinner pieces, so they cook faster. For more info on each vegetable?s roasting time, check out this article: Oven Roasting Times for Different Vegetables
OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLE TIPS:
- Use a or line your sheet pan with , so your vegetables don't stick.
- Don't overcrowd the vegetables. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer, so they roast properly. Make sure you use a large or use two sheet pans if necessary.
- Stir the vegetables around halfway through, so they can get crispy on both sides.
LET'S START ROASTING!!!
HOW TO MAKE OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
2. Place the vegetables onto a large, non-stick sheet pan (about 13x18 inches). Drizzle them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, freshly chopped rosemary, and Italian herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Using your hands, mix all of the vegetables very well, so they are evenly coated with oil and seasoning. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer.
4. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring once, halfway through cooking.
5. Garnish with fresh rosemary. Serve.
I suggest mixing the vegetables with the seasonings in a large mixing bowl first and then spreading them on the parchment paper.
YOU'LL ALSO LOVE:
- Baked Mediterranean Vegetables
- Ultimate Vegetable Stew
- 7 Best Vegetables to Spiralize
- Classic Potato Pancakes
Oven Roasted Vegetables Video Tutorial
OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
- 1/2small butternut squashpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1medium beetrootpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1medium zucchinicut into 1/3 inch half-circles
- 1medium summer squash cut into 1/3 inch half-circles
- 1medium red onionpeeled, quartered, and separated into pieces
- 1large red bell peppercut into medium pieces
- 1/4cupof extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cupbalsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp.fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2tbsp.dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepperto taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Place the vegetables onto a large, non-stick sheet pan (about 13x18 inches). Drizzle them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, freshly chopped rosemary, and Italian herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using your hands, mix all of the vegetables very well, so they are evenly coated with oil and seasoning. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring once, halfway through cooking.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary. Serve.