Light and creamy mashed potatoes with a little secret, that will make your guests and family beg for more.
Mashed potatoes have a special place in my heart (and stomach!)? It is my favorite side dish in the world and I cook it quite often. OK, I am going to confess ? I cook it every week and it never gets boring! Today, I am going to share the recipe I use because it has a special little ?something? that makes these mashed potatoes taste heavenly.
You are now probably wondering: ?What in the world does she do to these potatoes?? My secret is simple: browned butter ? delicious, sweet, nutty and oh-so-addictive browned butter. So, knowing this secret and having just 4 very common ingredients on hand, you can make this goodness right now. Let?s get the party started!
Here are a few tips:
- use Yukon Gold or regular baking potatoes instead of the Red Skin potatoes;
- warm up the milk before adding it to the potatoes;
- brown the butter;
- use a potato masher instead of an electric beater, food processor or whatever other unknown-to-me device you might be using;
I was really surprised to find out that some people use food processors to ?mash? potatoes. My curiosity took over one day and I?ve tried to do the same thing. The results were quite interesting and not delicious. The potatoes resembled silly putty and not a tasty meal. So, I strongly encourage you to stay away from the food processor, and I speak from experience. Get a regular potato masher. You can find one at any big supermarket close to your house, or, you can buy this potato masher from Amazon.
Let me know how you guys liked these mashed potatoes and I hope you all have a S-MASHING day!!!
MASHED POTATOES WITH A SECRET
- 2lbspeeled and quartered Yukon Gold potatoes
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add plenty of clean water and bring to a boil. Add some salt and keep boiling for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- While the potatoes are cooking, it's time to brown the butter. In a small saucepan (preferably white or silver colored so you can watch the butter brown), melt the butter on medium-low heat. Keep cooking the butter until tiny brown pieces start to form on the bottom of the pan. Remove the butter from the heat immediately.
- Warm up the milk on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Drain the potatoes and pour the milk and the butter on top. Using the potato masher, work on the mixture until it looks smooth and no lumps remain.
- Garnish with some browned butter.
Before you go...
Check out these recipes
POTATO GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND FETA
PASTA WITH PEAS AND KIELBASA
THE BEST CHICKEN MEATBALLS EVER
Follow me on , FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to get some more deliciousness! ???
Leave a Reply