Simple Homemade Granola
ThisSimple Granolais so easy to make, yet tastes delicious! Add some to your favorite yogurt or just eat it on its own ? either way is scrumptious.
- 2cupsextra thick rolled oats
- 1/2cupchopped walnuts
- 2tbspcoconut oil
- 2tbspagave syrup
- 1/4tspground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Place a layer of parchment paper on a large baking sheet.Add all of the ingredients on top and stir thoroughly. Spread the oats evenly on the parchment paper.
Bake the oats for about 8 minutes, stirring once, until they turn golden brown.
Let it cool before eating.
HELPFUL TIPS & TRICKS
- Don?t skimp on the oil.The oil is really important in this recipe because it helps the oats to moisten and adhere to each other a little. It also helps with that beautiful golden brown color you see. I suggest coconut oil because it is a healthier option than many others.
- Use the right oats.Old fashioned, thick-cut oats are the very best for granola. They have the best shape and hold it throughout the cooking process. They also have more chew that the quick-cooking kind.
- Don?t overcook it.When the granola is finished, it will feel soft and pliable. As it cools, it hardens. Do not cook it until it is hard because this will dry it out and may even burn it, ruining the flavor.
- Add toppings last.If you add any additional toppings (such as raisings, coconut flakes, cranberries, etc..) add those when the granola is almost done cooking. This way they don?t cook longer than they should.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg