Refreshing Chickpea Salad
ThisRefreshing Chickpea Saladis just what you want on a hot day. Cool, flavorful, and with tons of juicy vegetables and fresh herbs, this salad makes an easy, healthy meal.
- 1can(14.5 oz) chickpeas, drained
- 3mediumPersian cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1/2mediumred onion, diced
- 5oz.cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1smallbell pepper, diced
- 1/3cupparsley, chopped
- 1/4cupcilantro, chopped
- 2tbsp.lemon juice
- 2tbsp.olive oil
- 1/2tsp.cumin powder
- 1/4tsp.saltor to taste
- 1/4tsp.pepperor to taste
DRESSING FLAVOR COMBINATIONSIf you want to try some different dressings, here are a few flavor combinations to consider. Just whisk the ingredients together and toss with the salad.
- Tangy.Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, and paprika.
- Sweet.Plain Greek yogurt, honey, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
- Citrusy.Apple cider vinegar, olive oil, orange juice, maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Hot.White balsamic, Sriracha, agave nectar, and olive oil.
HOW LONG WILL THIS SALAD LASTThis refreshing Chickpea Salad is best served immediately. You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day, but the longer it sits, the more likely moisture from the vegetables will leach out and make the salad soupy. Luckily, it's quick to make, so you can easily prepare it the day you plan to eat it.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1663IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg