TheseParmesan Zucchiniare cheesy, crunchy, and baked to perfection. They?re a vegetarian dish that is crispy and bursting with delicious flavors.
- 2lb.zucchini (about 4 small zucchinis)
- 1/2tbsp.olive oil (or other kind)
- 1/3cupbread crumbs
- 1/2cupParmesan cheese
Cut off the ends of the zucchini and then cut each one in half. For each half, slice it into sticks, about 3 to 4-inches long and to -inches wide.
Place the zucchini sticks onto a baking tray in rows, close to each other but not overlapping. Sprinkle them with salt and paprika.
Dip a pastry brush into the oil and gently brush the zucchini pieces with oil.
Now, sprinkle the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese over the zucchini.
Bake at 400F for 30 minutes. Then, garnish the Parmesan Zucchini with chopped chives or parsley, and serve.
TIPS FOR MAKING PARMESAN ZUCCHINI
- Cut the zucchini sticks evenly.It?s important to take the time to cut your zucchini evenly, so the length and thickness of each stick is the same. This ensures that all the zucchini cook at the same speed, so you don?t have some pieces overcooked while other pieces are underdone.
- Brush the oil on.Brushing the oil onto the zucchini is important for two reasons. One is that it gives the seasonings something to stick to and helps baking. The second is that brushing it on, rather than drizzling or pouring, keeps the zucchini from absorbing too much oil, and making the dish soggy and greasy.
- Keep the zucchini close on the baking tray.If you space the zucchini too far apart, then they will not adhere to each other when the Parmesan cheese melts during baking. You don?t want to smash them together either, though, or air won?t circulate and cook them completely. So, just lining them up next to each other is perfect.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 649mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1158IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 2mg