Avocado Corn Salad
This Avocado Corn Salad is so fresh and tasty! You are going to love this simple and easy to make vegetarian dish as a healthy addition to any meal.
- 2cupsfresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2tbsp.avocado oil, dividedor olive oil
- 1cupcherry tomatoes, halved
- 1largeavocado, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2cupred onion, diced
- 1/3cupcilantro, chopped
- 1tbsp.lemon juice
- 1/4tsp.saltor to taste
To a large skillet, add one tablespoon of oil and corn. Roast the corn kernels for about 5 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally until the corn looks charred and smells really good.
Transfer the corn to a medium mixing bowl and let it cool completely.
Once the corn is cold, add the rest of the ingredients, as well as the spices, lemon juice, and the remaining tablespoon of oil, and gently mix. When everything is fully incorporated, then serve your Avocado Corn Salad immediately.
TIPS FOR MAKING AVOCADO CORN SALAD
- Use just ripened avocados.Because you want to cut your avocado into cubes and then mix it, it?s important for this salad that the avocado be just ripe. Soft enough to be delicious, but not too mushy.
- Mix your salad gently.Toss the ingredients together with two spoons or spatulas gently. You want to be careful not to smoosh the juice and seeds from the tomato halves or break up the avocado pieces.
- Cut the onion small.Onions, especially red onions, have a strong taste. So cut the onion pieces small so that you only get a taste of the flavor with each bite, and the onion doesn?t overpower the flavors of the other ingredients and spices.
- Serve this salad immediately.This delicious salad is so tasty because the textures alternate between the soft avocado, firm tomatoes and corn, and crunchy onion. But if the salad sits for too long, avocado pieces will get dark, the liquids in the vegetables will make the salad mushy and less appetizing, so eat it soon after it?s been made.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 517mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg